Incoming first-year or transfer student?

Current OSU undergraduate students wanting to change their campus

Current OSU undergraduate students wanting to meet with their assigned advisor should schedule an appointment within Beaver Hub

  • Visit the Success Team area of Beaver Hub and schedule with your designated advisor 

Current OSU undergraduate students wanting to meet with an advisor who is not listed on their Success Team (in Beaver Hub) or who are wanting to change their major

Follow the procedures below for the pertinent college:  


College of Agricultural Sciences

  1. Students interested in pursuing a major within the College of Agricultural Sciences must schedule an appointment to meet with an advisor
  2. If the specific major is known, students should schedule their appointments with the advisor for that major.
  3. If unsure about a major, contact the Academic Programs Office via email at [email protected]
  4. The change-of-major process will be initiated during the appointment.
  5. Students must be in Good Academic Standing to declare, which includes a minimum cumulative 2.0 OSU GPA. Example, if a student has a 2.30 OSU cumulative GPA, but their record shows Academic Warning (individual term below 2.00 GPA), they will not be able to declare until their return to Good Standing. 

College of Business

  1. Students interested in pursuing a business major or a design major must schedule an appointment to meet with an advisorStudents may also call 541-737-3716 or stop by 122 Austin Hall to schedule an appointment.
  2. Students interested in Apparel Design or Interior Design must apply to those studio based majors once they meet the eligibility requirements.
  3. Non-business majors and minors are encouraged to meet with a College of Business advisor any time throughout the term.

College of Engineering

  1. First-Year student visit the following page to connect with an academic advisor
  2. Second year students and beyond should connect directly with the appropriate school advising office to declare the major.
  3. Students must meet with an advisor in-person or virtually before having their major change processed. 
  4. Any student beyond the first-year cannot declare general engineering. All transfer students and readmitted students will go directly into their major. 

College of Education

  1. Prospective Education students are encouraged to start by attending a Pre-Education Orientation Session to learn more about teacher education programs at OSU and declare the appropriate degree (if desired). Details about the dates/times of the sessions are available on the College of Education website

    If you are unable to attend an orientation session, you can meet with a peer advisor or make an appointment online with an Education Advisor to declare. Appointments can scheduled online at:


College of Forestry

College of Forestry

  1. Students wanting an overview of all COF majors may schedule an appointment with Nicole Kent.
  2. Students interested in a specific major within Forestry should schedule an appointment with a major advisor. Change-of-major paperwork will be completed during the appointment.

College of Health

  1. Students interested in changing or adding a major within the College of Health should schedule an appointment with an advisor. The Change-of-major process will be completed during the appointment.
  2. College of Health minors: The college allows students to apply to add the minors (Nutrition, Public Health, Environmental & Occupational Health, Global Health, Human Development & Family Sciences, Health Management & Policy, and Exercise Physiology) through an on-line process
  3. College of Health programs require a C- or better in any coursework already taken for the major/minor. Some programs incorporate higher GPA requirements (see MyDegrees or department websites).

College of Liberal Arts

  1. Visit the College of Liberal Arts Students Services Virtual Lobby or send an email to [email protected] or via CLA FInd My Advisor to declare.
  2. No GPA restrictions to declare, except for Liberal Studies & Digital Communication Arts – but to graduate may need to repeat any D’s in a major
  3. To declare Liberal Studies, you must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA and you must submit a Liberal Studies plan of study and Essay for approval
  4. Digital Communication Arts (DCA), requires a cumulative 2.0 GPA to enter the program.
    • Students interested in declaring DCA need to meet with an advisor ahead of a potential switch into the major.
  5. Art, pre-Graphic Design, email Felix Oliveros or follow this link to schedule an appointment.
  6. Music, email Kristin Rorrer or follow this link to schedule an appointment.

College of Science (includes Pre-Pharmacy students)

  1. No restrictions to declare, except in CHEM. The Chemistry department requires that students must be in Good Academic Standing to be able to declare their major.
  2. Student should contact a major advisor within the department or major to declare.

Honors College

  1. Current OSU students interested in joining the Honors College will need to have at least one term of classes at OSU as an undergraduate student, a 3.5 cumulative OSU GPA, and at least 2 years left at OSU.
  2. For more information on the Honors College application process and to apply, visit, Applying to the Honors College | Honors College | Oregon State University

University Exploratory Studies Program (UESP)

  1. It is a very common experience for students to realize that their initial major choice is not the right fit. If that is your experience, do not panic! UESP is here to help you figure out which major direction at OSU is the right fit for you. You are welcome to switch to UESP or even just consult with one of our advisors. Either way just requires that you make an appointment as we want to make sure we have enough time to have a good conversation with you.
  2. Call our office at 541-737-8144 or use this site to book with one of our advisors online
  3. A student must meet with a full-time advisor to declare in UESP.
  4. No restrictions to declare, but UESP students need to schedule and see an advisor every term before they can register.

OSU Cascades

Requirements for Double Degrees, Dual Majors, Honors Degrees, Certificates

Registrar’s website 10/08/2021